1. To completely disassemble weeks of work in a single night.
2. A process followed by the total relief at the idea of finishing a show.
- ASM: It's like Romeo and Juliet...
- Sound: Man I fucking hate Romeo and Juliet, it's so stupid. It's like, let's do a dumb love story.
- SM: It isn't so bad.
- Lights: It's better than plays about theatre. "Oh hur dur how come our theatre is closing no one supports the arts" Then you look at their season and it's fucking Noises Off and Stage Door and a bunch of other plays about plays. It's masturbating into the mirror.
- Sound: Only actors want to see it. It's like why do a play about actors and then get mad when no one but actors comes to it?
- ASM: Like Chekov or something.
- Sound: Man I fucking hate Chekov.
But they wanted to talk about my diabetes the whole time, and not my work this semester. I appreciate the concern and curiosity, but I’d really like to be recognized for my hard work that is quality for anyone to have done, instead of my hard work being quality, especially for someone with diabetes.
I’m a good technician with diabetes, not a diabetic with good technician skills.
I’m on lights, even though we aren’t even close to a plot and hang is tomorrow,
the scene shop built the Model T we are using at 4 feet across without the wheels,
for a 4 foot 2 door. Then there is the whole when we put the wheels on thing…